I've been a little remiss in adding press mentions to this site lately, but the book has had some really terrific reviews (and rather lovely, cursory mentions). A sample:
- Paul W. Bennett, "Teaching Machines: What Does Training Pigeons have to do with Ed Tech Innovation?"
- The Syllabus chose Teaching Machines as its Book of the Week
- Robert Messenger, "When Four Great Rivals Joined Forces for a Common Cause: The Educational Bureau of Portable Typewriter Manufacturers"
- Mark Carrigan, "The failures of educational technologists to recognise the social context of educational technology"
- Michael Shaw, "Why everyone in edtech should read 'Teaching Machines'"
Listen to Michael, everyone. Read the book!